View Single Post
June 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
"The womanly art of breastfeeding" is great, as is Dr. Newman's "Guide to breastfeeding". I would recommend either or both of those.

Pumping is pretty individual. One may work great for some moms and not at all for others. A lot of it is technique. I suggest reading up on pumping at www.kellymom.com for a lot of really good tips for making pumping work. In general, you get what you pay for with breastpumps. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to get the most expensive one, but do keep in mind that some of the cheaper ones may not last very long.

I just bought an Avent double electric and got a killer deal with doubling some coupons and discounts, (paid $85 instead of $150-200). I really like that brand personally. Also, contact your insurance provider, they all now offer some kind of benefit for pumps and it may or may not meet your needs. Some only offer the minimum, some offer more than you need, and some even allow you to buy whatever pump you want and be reimbursed.

Also, I highly recommend the videos on Dr Newman's website Breastfeeding Inc. The World's Breastfeeding Resource

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Last edited by Kelllilee; June 28th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.