View Single Post
June 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Queen of Randomocity
Even if the reason is 'horrible' at least that woman is giving someone else the gift of parenthood. At least they care enough to give that child a better life than what they can provide. The woman who wasn't ready was being honest with herself. I have an aunt who never had kids because as she put it she was too selfish to be a parent. I hope that if something happened and she did get pregnant that she would consider adoption long before abortion. Being a birth mom is hard and regardless of why they gave the children up, being a birth mom demands respect. I have more respect for women who give up their children willingly than parents who lose their children to the foster system either through neglect or abuse. Birth mothers recognize that they either can't or won't provide the life the child deserves so they gift that life to someone who couldn't do it other wise. And maybe they should have thought about babies before having sex but there are enough unplanned pregnancies out there to show that many people aren't thinking about it. There are a lot of people who don't plan it and most of us on this board have probably had sex at a time when we weren't ready to be parents. Birth control and condoms aren't 100% maybe they did try to prevent pregnancy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)