View Single Post
June 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Veteran
I'm a FTM too, but I've already been getting lots of breastfeeding support and I feel like it'll be really helpful. Firstly, I'd recommend finding out if there's a La Leche League group near you: LLLI | Find La Leche League Groups in the U.S. I've been going to mine since March, and it can make a big difference to be able to see what's normal, ask questions, meet other moms, and just get more comfortable with all of it. Even if you don't want to or can't go regularly, it can be helpful to know what's available as far as support in your area.

I'm not familiar with the other book, but I'll second The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding as a new mom like you. I actually received two copies as gifts from mamas who really know their stuff, and there's lots of good information in it (though I still have quite a bit to read).

No idea about the pumping thing. I'll be home for the first year but will want to have a bit of a backup supply just in case, so I'll have to figure it out eventually too. Good luck!

Last edited by Kaisia; June 28th, 2013 at 08:52 PM.