View Single Post
June 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with GD on Monday, June 17th. I saw my dietitian on June 19th and got my meter and have been pricking my finger 4x a day, everyday. First thing in the morning for my fasting number, 2 hours after breakfast, 2 hours after lunch and 2 hours after dinner. I'm allowed 45g/breakfast. 15g/snack. 45g/lunch. 15g/snack (if I decide to take it between lunch and dinner). 45g/dinner. And then my 15g/snack if I didn't have it between lunch and dinner. I have been following this diet well, cut out a lot of carbs but noticed I was getting very dizzy at times. My numbers were low. Lower than what they were suppose to be according to the dietitian. I did a test last Sunday with food and pretty much ate what I normally would. I had 2 pieces of chicken with honey bbq sauce, potato salad, macaroni salad, broccoli with cheese and a 20oz sprite because I started to get the shakes. My number was 78. It needed to be between 90 - 120. I called my doctor on Monday, June 24th and asked her if I could do the 3 hour test again or have an A1C test done. She denied both saying I failed the 3 hour so bad. I told her that I honestly think they received the wrong results. My husband works for a medical software company and does the coding for labs when they send in their results and he's seen them mix up the results before. Plus there were 3 of us doing a 3 hour test that morning and we were all getting our blood drawn at the same time. My doctor told me that I should call my dietitian because my meter was most likely broken or they needed to up my food amount. I called the dietitian and she tells me to "eat normal". What does that mean? Go back to how I was eating before having the GD? Because I'm eating the same thing now with the diet as I did before having to go on the diet, minus a piece of cake here and there or frozen yogurt occasionally.

Fast forward to today. I'm at work, having lunch, salad with some cherry tomatoes, a chewy granola bar and veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes). I tested 2 hours after I ate which was at 12:30pm and my level was 141. I didn't eat anything out of the norm to make it jump up like that. I have to keep a food log so they will see what I ate. I had 2 slices of pizza last night (I had to give in to a craving just once!!) and my number was 115. I'm not sure what to think about it all. I just tested again and my level was 78. I'm wondering if because I hate the granola bar almost 40 mins after my salad if that could have been a reason.?
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13