View Single Post
June 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry you're going through all this stress. I haven't been in this situation, but I know that you are not alone. Coming on justmommies was a great idea and I encourage you to join a due date board.

Right now you're feeling like you're about to hugely disappoint and upset your parents, and it's clearly weighing heavily on you and even making it hard for you to enjoy your pregnancy and get excited about your son or daughter. I think it's time to break the news. Your little one will be arriving in just a few months, and they need some time to get used to the idea. Give your parents a chance -- of course the news will be a shock and upsetting at first, but it is their grand baby, and they will most likely come around very quickly and be so excited. They are going to be *totally* in love with this baby. You're already prepared for an awful reaction, so get the bad part over with so you can enjoy these last few weeks with your mom prepping for this sweet baby. I think you'll be much happier and less stressed when it's behind you.

As for the practical side of things, have you thought about writing them a letter? Tell them how much you love and appreciate them, thank them for opening your home, tell them the situation, tell them you know it hurts them and that you'll move out if they want you to. If you have ultrasound pictures I would put them with the letter. Leave it for them to read while you're out, so they have a chance to process and work through their emotions-- I know I would appreciate that if I was in their shoes. Then when you get back go talk with them and I think it will make the whole thing a little easier. Don't forget, you're their daughter, they love you. Also, there's a chance your mom might already suspect, and be waiting for you to tell her....

Most of all, congratulations on your surprise treasure. It will change your life in the most amazing ways and you're never going to look back. Best wishes and let us know how it goes!