View Single Post
June 30th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Really look into memberships. Ours don't have limits on the amount of kids. We have a membership to a petting farm, gardens and dinosaur museum. This yr we got a zoo membership. We only had to go once for it to pay for itself. The nice thing about memberships is their events. Our zoo has two nights a month where they stay open late for members. Its worth it just for this perk in the summer when its way too hot for a pg mom to walk anywhere! Plus we get to see all the nocturnal animals wake up. My kids got roared at by a lion. Highlight of the week! This week at the dinosaur museum we got into a free 3D movie. Even with our pass it would normally cost $30 for our family. I've taken the girls to see a movie there, but I would never pay for my little ones to attend. With our museum membership we can get in anyone for 1/2 off. We've been able to have affordable birthday parties this way.

Check and see if there is a local free/discount list. I'm on an email list that alerts me to fun free things being held in the area. I've gotten free tickets to events before. I once got free $50 tickets for my girls to attend a princess festival through the list.