View Single Post
June 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Being able to breastfeed little man. With DD she couldn't latch and wouldn't use a shield I ended up pumping and giving her what little I could as my supply was so low I ended up supplementing and only gave her what I could for a month the before my supply dried up. I had resigned myself to exclusively pumping. Well the nurses were a bit bossy and pushed me to try since within seconds of him being born he was rooting for the breast. He couldn't latch despite what all was tried except for trying the right as the left was getting drops of colostrum the right nothing. So I pumped and got maybe drops so ended up giving him formula in the hospital as he was screaming hungry. Well the colostrum came in unevenly. He would latch onto my right but only for a few seconds before stopping for not getting anything. Well then my milk came in the other morning and j could feel a huge lump in the right...it hurt!! So I put warm compress on it and massaged it and pumped the heck out of it. Now its mostly caught up with the left. He won't latch at all onto the left so I am still pumping that breast. But he is nursing on my right. 3 times yesterday and 2 today. The latch is still difficult on the right...it sometimes hurts like crazy but he is a voracious sucker(I learned not to put a finger in his mouth cause ouch!!) And if he is too hungry he gets super mad and has problems latching when he's that fussy but we are Learning. Best feeling ever?? For me this is it