View Single Post
July 1st, 2013, 02:40 AM
I am 19 and was travelling at the time when I found out I was pregnant, I was on birth control but was very ill with S+D at the time when I would have conceived hence it was a complete shock to find out I was pregnant. My partner instantly said he didn't want to keep the baby and previous to me finding out we'd talked of going our seperate ways. I however already felt the baby was apart of me, after talking to my mum she said she'd support me in whatever decision I made, my partner was completely unsupportive meaning I had to return from New Zealand back to the UK. I went through a very tough two weeks prior to the abortion where I decided I was adamant I wanted to keep the baby, I got grief from my parents and my ex partner 24/7 I couldn't cope with the resentment from my mother so I decided to just book the abortion. She instantly changed her tune and was back playing the supportive role. I now feel like I made the wrong decision but I don't know if that's still hormones. I think about it everyday, I think along with the abortion I've had a lot to come to terms with in way of the split from my partner and coming back to the UK after 'living the dream' travelling and I don't really have anything now I'm home, friends have all moved on, I don't have a job or a car and no independence, I know it's going to take time to build those things up but the way I'm feeling at the moment isn't helping me to look to the future. This is a very long response, sorry.