View Single Post
July 1st, 2013, 07:38 AM
CopperBoom!
Oh Jennifer!! I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this and her actions again! First, I am glad that she was understanding enough to tell O that he didn't need to worry about hurting anyone's feelings or picking sides. I do think that was big of her, because DSD's BM does not do that (she purposely fills DSDs head with negative things about DH and his family).

However, I'm still appalled at her actions. I definitely think O has a point, that he chose to go with you guys early. I think he is at an age where he is old enough to have say in where he goes when.

As far as the drinking, that's just crazy!! Here's the thing, I was a single mom for a long time. Were there (VERY rare) nights that I put Max to bed and had a glass of wine? Sure! Have I had a drink in front of Max? Yes. However, I drink very little, very rarely. I have never had a problem with drinking. She HAS had an issue with drinking. O KNOWS that she has had an issue with drinking. I don't know her. I can't say that she can't have one glass of wine and be done at this point. BUT, she shouldn't put O in a position where he sees it. She doesn't have him 50% of the time, if she has to test her boundaries, she should test them then (or not at all). And I do hope that she is telling the truth about dumping the wine, I really do. I hope she realized what a bad decision it was. I hope that she didn't lie to O or that he didn't lie to you guys because he feels the need to cover for her.

I really hope this all gets worked out in your favor!! What I hate is that if the roles were reveresed and it was his dad, O would be gone from him so fast it isn't fair!