View Single Post
July 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I fully admit I am not that skilled using the machine. I can do a basic hem which is a a necessity when you're barely 5 feet and always have to hem everything including petite clothing. Other then that, it's been years (I'm talking home ec in high school so over 21 years ago) since I've done anything else with the machine. So what I need to know are some hints, tips, and perhaps some links to making some slipcovers for a couch & loveseat. We have some old furniture in the basement - it's in great shape, but is very very old and I am just tired of seeing the pattern. And would love to make some slipcovers to cover it up. We are frugal and can't justify just replacing furniture that is in great condition. Once I see if I can tackle this, then the next project will be reupholstering the dining room chairs.

You can see the bottom of the couch in this pic of the blanket.

So - help please! Is this even feasible for me to consider? and yes I know pinterest probably has tons of links. Pinterest can get overwhelming though sometimes with all the links.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!