View Single Post
July 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Hi ladies,

I've got to get some feedback on this. I'm trying to figure out when to take a pregnancy test if you think you conceived while on your period. I know the chances of that happening are slim, but I also know that it's possible. My husband and I did the deed two weeks ago on Friday, and I was on the last day of my period. I know that if I were to be pregnant, the date of conception would be that day because I've been battling a bad case of BV and our sex life has slowed down because of it. Exactly one week from Friday I noticed some changes that I couldn't ignore that made me suspicious. One is that I suddenly couldn't drink coffee (I am heavily dependent on coffee and have been for years!). Another is that I was suddenly very upset at the smallest things. My husband could look at me the wrong way and I would end up screaming and crying excessively. Also, I have been experiencing breast soreness which came on a week earlier than it normally does. I'm sorry if this is TMI, but I also have had TERRIBLE, painful gas for a few days now. Finally, I drink a beer or glass of wine on a regular basis and while I realize this is not a common pregnancy symptom, I can't help wonder why in the past week, if I even have one drink, I feel drunk which is highly unusual for me. It's been a week and a half since the last day of my period and my suspected date of conception (if I were to be pregnant) and I have no idea when the best time for me to take a pregnancy test is! Every single piece of information I have found says to take a test the first day of your missed period, but that's assuming you got pregnant somewhere in the middle of your cycle. If I somehow managed to get pregnant at the end of my cycle, then do I have to wait a sold 4 WEEKS to take a test on the day of my missed period?? That seems illogical. It seems to me that I should wait two weeks or so after the day I potentially conceived. Is that right? Someone please give me some clarity!!