View Single Post
July 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
Arwen
This may be a little bit of a rant...

I was either in September or August DDC, maybe another, I'll blame not remembering on pregnancy brain. There was a lady that had pre-e, and she had to be hospitalized. Ended up giving birth very early. She was full of medications to try and help her condition, and she had a failed epidural. Baby came out, and she felt the pain. But unless I read it wrong, she did not have a "natural birth" because she had to be on medication for pre-e and induction.

That makes me really mad. I had 3 failed epidurals with my second, and I felt everything. It hurt so much! My doctor fisted my newly stitched vagina. It hurt to pee for a week cause even that ripped. The only thing I could take away from the horrible experience of pushing that child out was that I had one of those natural childbirths that all those crazy women actually want. I had a tiny bit of womanly honor there. I felt the pain, and I rocked childbirth. Literally, like a heavy metal band's "singing."

But now it's not "natural." As far as I'm concerned, if you feel the pain, you are a natural childbirth mama. If your cesarean starts to hurt in the middle of it, f*ck it, that's natural, too. When did natural go from delivering vaginally to having to meet a list of qualifications?

Did you get medications during labor?
NOT NATURAL!
Failed pain management?
NOT NATURAL!
Induced to save your life but still feel that baby ripping apart your hoohoo?
SCREW YOU, LADY, NOT NATURAL!

I mean, honestly! Why do women make things so difficult on each other? You don't get to be in the elite unless you are pushing that baby out in the middle of a lake or bathtub or stream or something. And then you still aren't unless you're out in the fields the next day! BTW, I think that's a lie. I am willing to bet women in those fields get a few days off.

There's probably more to it, but I am full of too much pregnancy rage to read further.