View Single Post
July 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie1122 View Post
Unfortunately, I think there are a certain group of people in every situation with a "holier than thou" attitude. I worked in the lactation/breastfeeding field for quite a while and ran into some people like this. Heaven forbid you gave your child one drop of formula, they would be so quick to judge and accuse you of giving your baby unnatural poison (definitely not what formula is lol!!). Some would even say that giving a pacifier or feeding breastmilk in a bottle was not considered exclusively breastfeeding. I am a big supporter of breastfeeding, but I understand that it is not for everyone and I don't judge moms either way. When it comes down to it, whatever works best for mom and baby is the best way even if it doesn't fit into other people's standards, at least that is how I look at it.
Lol, what dummies. A pacifier makes breastfeeding invalid? How can you take anything seriously that they say. They are not even close to the same, except both a breast and a pacifier go in a baby's mouth. So do blocks, teething rings, dust bunnies, bibs, basically anything within hands reach. Oh no! Breastfeeding CANCELLED.