Topic: cricut
View Single Post
July 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLou View Post
Jessica- where did you find a version of SCAL that works with cricut?
I found it on EBay. You have to get the SCAL version 2 and the firmware on your cricut has to be a certain number or lower....not a problem with me because I have a bad habit of not updating it. The only thing is you have to remember to disconnect from the internet when you start SCAL2 otherwise it'll automatically update and then you are sc#@wed. So I don't have it as a shortcut on my desktop, instead I have to open it from my "scrapbook" file which is on my desktop and in captial letters it says NOINET so I remember to disconnect it....and of course you can't update the firmware on your cricut either. So, yeah, there are a few things that you can't do in order to use it but it really does open up a lot more options. You don't have to buy cartridges and there are some "regular" fonts out there that are very close to some of the Cricut fonts...there are also some sites where you can get free downloads of things to cut with it. I just need to get a little further into it and get some stuff downloaded that I can use, but that all takes time that I don't seem to have HTH.