View Single Post
July 3rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 View Post

But now I'm scared....is it really that painful?!? Ahhhhhh first timer here. And trust me I will ask for meds if needed!! No judgement.

I was induced due to low amniotic fluid. They say Pitocin makes contractions stronger, but I had nothing to compare it to. They caused discomfort and got stronger throughout the day. They hurt, but they were manageable. If that is all childbirth was then I think most women would go natural. About 10 hours in they were painful enough where I couldn't talk through them. Still, if that's all it was, I'd go natural. But I never planned on going natural, but had read horror stories about the epidural wearing off because the woman got it too early. At the point I couldn't talk through them, I decided to get it because why be in pain if I didn't need to be? Although weird it worked like a charm. Until 5 hours later when my b**** midwife snuck and turned it off so I could push. I don't sugar coat it for first time mamas. There's no sense in it. I can give you every painful detail, but until you experience it, there is no explaining it, no preparation. I will also say, with the exception of one, I feel like every mom who tells me it wasn't that bad is lying through their teeth. Just like a lot of the natural ones I know only do it to brag! Child birth is pure torture. The most painful thing I've ever experienced. That being said, if it wasn't 100% worth it and the greatest thing we've ever done, nobody would ever have a second child. I'm ready to do it again. See if I can push better, breathe better, manage pain better, meet the next love of my life, see what he looks like, weighs, etc. So totally worth it!