View Single Post
July 3rd, 2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
I don't know all the details of your situation, obviously, but what all you have said so far I feel very strongly that you go seek a counselor. First, you got pregnant because of a crime committed against you; second, your pregnancy is difficult; third, you have financial issues; and fourth (the biggest one), you don't seem to be comfortable about the impending adoption.

There are so many resources out there that you can take advantage of. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe you've already explored these options and this is the best thing for your situation. I still think you need to see a counselor so that as your pregnancy ends and your son is adopted you are in the best possible head and heart space.

I think anger is a natural and correct emotion to be feeling right now. You have every right to be angry.
I have been seeing a counselor and she is the one who suggested an open adoption and she's also been helping me with my anger issues. I think I'm close to not hating the man who attacked me but I will never forgive him. It turned out he is 30 and has been a criminal since his teens and unfortunately I don't think he will ever change and that's part of why I chose adoption because that way my son will have a father who isn't absent and a mean person.

I do forgive my friends now though and my counselor helped me realize that they had no idea that thug was planning to drug me and use me and thanks to them he's in jail where he belongs. And my friends have emotionally supported me so much as have my parents.

As far as money goes I'm not having financial difficulties, I'm just young. I was nineteen when I found out I was pregnant and now I'm 20. I am good with money and make enough to support myself but not enough to support a kid too. I was in my sophomore year of college but I've quit for the time being.

Anyways thank you both for your support Can't wait to see my sweet baby boy