View Single Post
July 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, I'm down to 23 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight! Woo! only 17 lbs to go to reach my (first) goal weight! The combination of breastfeeding, being more active, and really watching what I eat is really working for me and I'm pretty proud of myself.

However...

I'm so ridiculously out of shape. I figured that even though I'm getting skinnier, I should probably work on toning my body, because I'm kind of flabby and jiggly. I didn't want to overdo it and hurt myself, so I picked a really easy, quick workout. I was going to give it a go, and then ramp it up if it was too easy....ha! Apparently I imagine myself to be able to workout like I did when I was a teenager, working as a lifeguard and water aerobics instructor, and swimming a mile a day. NOPE!

My stupidly easy 10 minute workout was nearly impossible. I figured the push-ups (only 5 of them) might be a bit hard, since I've never had much upper body strength, but I thought that crunches and jumping jacks wouldn't take any effort at all. Boy, was I wrong. I can't even do a decent crunch, let alone a push up. And planking? Forget it.

So yeah, this morning was a little disappointing. Just wanted to share.