View Single Post
July 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is going to be short and sweet because I'm in the process of cleaning my bathroom and our whole bedroom is turned upside down because of it, haha. I felt motivated for a quick moment and now I'm paying for it with the disaster I caused while trying to "clean"...

Anyway, we had our appointment yesterday for the growth scan with the high risk doctor. Of course every trip there is full of anxiety and not knowing what you're going to hear but the day started out stressful and ended beautifully. However, SERIOUSLY, is it some kind of RULE in this world that things like this have to happen when you're running late in the first place and have to drive to another county, to a hospital you've never been to, to see your doctor because he's leaving the country the next day and won't be in your city:

In the last 3 weeks, baby girl has grown from the 6th to the 17th percentile and put on just under 2 pounds (ultrasound estimated weight, but a great improvement nonetheless!!!) He said he honestly believes that this is not a true case of IUGR and that she is just a tiny baby like I was... her head and abdomen are literally now just DAYS behind her GA and while her arms and legs are still a little bit behind, they're nowhere near the 3+ weeks behind that they were between 28-34 weeks when I was having scans. Blood flow through her cord is excellent and my placenta has decided to move up and away from my cervix (didn't know that was possible at this point!)

We are going to keep up with the weekly NSTs just to be on the safe side, but I have been released to solely my OB and there is no longer ANY plan of taking her early at this point unless my OB finds reason behind it, and this is not anticipated.

Can't stop grinning! We were originally told that chances are she wouldn't make it above 5 pounds before we had to get her out of there, and yesterday's estimated weight was 5 pounds 1 ounce <3

The final touch is that she finally decided to get her face un-smashed from the placenta so we were actually able to get a 3D picture where she doesn't look like a sick demon.

Last edited by round2t; July 4th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.