Topic: Introduction
View Single Post
July 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all! I'm new to this board so wanted to introduce myself. My 1st child was born on 11/17/2010 by scheduled c-section. He was breech and my fluid levels were low so they decided to deliver him at 37.5 weeks. I had enough time to prepare for it so the surgery and recovery were not horrible, but there are definitely things I'd like to change this time around. I didn't get to hold my son until about 2 hours after delivery. Thankfully it didn't inhibit nursing and I was able to BF him until 17 months.

I just found out a few weeks ago that I'm expecting our second child on Feb 17. I really want to try for a vbac. As far as I know my doctor is supportive but I'll be meeting with him on Wednesday and will discuss my options in more detail. I really felt like with the last pregnancy I was trapped in the house for weeks recovering and I'd like to have a shorter recovery this time. I'd also like to experience the birthing process. Since my c/s was fairly early I don't even know what a contraction feels like.

I'm sure as things progress I'll have questions for you ladies that have BTDT.