Topic: breastfeeding
View Single Post
July 4th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I NIP, anywhere & everywhere. I don't have a cover, nor would most of my babies let me use one.

I am discreet. Most people wouldn't have a clue what I am doing. I am not a 'hang it all out' feeder, because for 'me' personally I am not comfortable with that, but I don't see anything wrong with it either. I don't 'sexualise' feeding. So to me there is nothing 'embarassing' 'wrong' or 'yucky' about a woman with a baby at the breast.

Quote:
My sister is the type to just pop it out and feed on the spot with no cover and I personally get very embarrassed by this and feel that it can be rude. I understand that breast feeding is natural but it is something that should be done modistly in my opinion. I will either use a light blanket or a breast feeding cover. Or nurse in the car with AC. I feel that it puts parents to other children in an awkward situation when they see a breast feeding mother and start asking questions as all children do. Personally I just feel that I should not force my beliefs on other people and breast feeding in public kinda does imo because if the parents aren't ready to have that conversation yet it puts them in the position to be forced to do so.
I am sorry, but your post made me cringe. Literally. Breastfeeding is not a 'belief system.' Me sitting feeding my baby in public is not forcing my 'beliefs' on you, your children, or anyone else for that matter. How do you know from 'looking' at me feeding that I believe anything particular at all about feeding or breast milk? I am just feeding my baby.

Honestly, if seeing a baby breastfeeding, or a woman's breast because she is feeding makes you squeamish, then look away. Really, just look away.

And as for children asking questions, I think that's a good thing. There is nothing wrong with knowing that breast milk comes from a woman's BREAST, because IT DOES.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013