Topic: breastfeeding
View Single Post
July 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgirl30 View Post
I did not breast feed my DD because I wasn't able to and I'm definitely not trying to push buttons when I give my own personal opinion on this matter. My sister is the type to just pop it out and feed on the spot with no cover and I personally get very embarrassed by this and feel that it can be rude. I understand that breast feeding is natural but it is something that should be done modistly in my opinion. I will either use a light blanket or a breast feeding cover. Or nurse in the car with AC. I feel that it puts parents to other children in an awkward situation when they see a breast feeding mother and start asking questions as all children do. Personally I just feel that I should not force my beliefs on other people and breast feeding in public kinda does imo because if the parents aren't ready to have that conversation yet it puts them in the position to be forced to do so.
We are all allowed are opinions, and with that, I think your post was nicely put.....coming from a mom who EBF'd their first 4. But, I will say, that I pray my last 4 will see nursing moms in their early childhood development, so I can show them how beautiful it is and explain the entire process to them. I hope/pray that my last 2 girls who were never bf'd, decide one day to "try" with their own children. Seeing other mom's in public bf, is one of the only ways to show them how beautiful and natural it is.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!