Topic: Meals
View Single Post
July 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Pink in a house of Blue
Its hard for me to say as Cam is only 10 months old, so I don't know what I would do in that position.

When we were younger, my mom gave us small portions and if we wanted more that was fine. If we hated what she made, we had to at least try some. But no requirements to finish. If we were hungry, dinner was there, no special snacks. But if there was something someone didn't like, she would usually offer some type of alternative (basically all I can think of is my sister disliking pork so she would get leftovers from the night before - we all loved broccoli, green beans, etc. all the usual culprits).

I'd like to follow something similar. Only because every summer we watched my aunt load up my cousins' plates similar to an adult and make them finish it. They both ended up overweight, and then in their early 20s with eating disorders (I'm sure there's more to it than that, but I bet it contributed). My one cousin you could barely tell she was pregnant at 7.5 months as she was terrified of gaining weight, and her daughter was born 6 weeks early.

But in terms of sending to bed without dinner...its hard to say if I could do that once in the position, especially if he ends up on the lean side.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014