Topic: Meals
View Single Post
July 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so here's the situation that got me into this debate in the first place. A friends little guy, just over 2, only wanted toast or crackers and a glass of milk for supper last night. His mom refused, served him a plate of what she and her DH were eating and told him to eat it or go to bed hungry.

My thought is that as long as the kid is wanting something reasonably healthy and not candy then why not? Bread and butter, a piece of fruit or cheese and crackers is always available here. I do encourage my kids to eat what is being served but if they really don't want it they are welcome to one of the alternatives. My older two will get it for themselves, DS I still have to get it for him. It doesn't happen often, usually only once every 2 or 3 months I'll end up making something that a kid doesn't like, or sometimes they just don't feel like a hot meal.

I guess I figure as long as it's reasonably healthy, and they aren't wasting food it's better than being hungry and tired which just makes the grumpy and that's no fun for anyone.