View Single Post
July 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran
I had a large Coke from McDonalds this afternoon and a grande soy chai from Starbucks this morning. Loads of caffeine.

I had half of a beer last night.

I eat deli meat all the time. Cold.

The carseat isn't installed.

My house is a wreck (but that's okay because I've hired house cleaners and they are coming next week...woo hoo! I am NOT bending down to scrub a toilet or pick things up off the floor)

I tried bribing my DH with a BJ if he came home from work early today so I didn't have to pick DS up from school (I wanted to take a nap instead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
I will admit, I'm not terrified of birth at all. It is painful and it will happen and then baby will be here. It just doesn't scare me.

I am terrified of having a newborn. I don't know if I can handle it. I am afraid I won't love her when she's laying there and not in my tummy. I'm afraid that I'll be a terrible mother and I just won't be able to handle being a mother at all.
I was scared of that too. Totally, totally normal. With Reid I feared that I would feel like I had already done everything important in my life - graduated school, got a job, got married, had a baby...what else is there to do? What other big milestones? I haven't felt that way AT ALL since he was born, if anything, I am more excited about life and the things that I choose to focus on