View Single Post
July 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That post was about me. I feel really bad if she thinks I was being snobbish. But the most hurtfulk comment was the lady who said that she is glad when people who feel strongly about natural childbirth end up having a hospital birth. Why would anyone be happy (because of MY feelings of childbirth) that my child (who has no opinion on childbirth) ended up having to be born at 33 weeks? I mean, she probably didn't mean me, I don't know, but I wouldn't wish a medical intervention birth on ANYONE. Yes, I'm passionate about natural childbirth. But that's only MORE SO now. I would rather read natural childbirth stories, too. They are more exciting to me. I am extremely bummed I missed out this time on having my own. That doesn't mean I'm judgmental, though. If someone doesn't want a natural childbirth, then don't have one! To each their own. But my birth was not, to me, natural. And since it was my birth, I think it's okay for me to say it wasn't natural to me. I'm still dealing with a lot of feelings about it all. And it's more than "disappointment". I'm angry with my body and angry with myself.

To be honest, I feel there's a lot more snobbery TOWARD natural childbirthers than the other way around... a lot of being diminutive toward what they have done and painting them to be bad guys/judgmental/etc, simply because they have a different birth preference and are proud of their accomplishments. Just because we are proud of our natural childbirths doesn't mean we are saying other people can't be proud of their births. Whether it hurts or not.

Last edited by alittlelost; July 6th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.