View Single Post
July 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Arwen
Oh, you didn't seem snobbish to me. I didn't read everything on the natural board because I was so mad. I thought someone had told you that your birth wasn't good, and you had gone through so much. When did having a good birth have a checklist women needed to meet?

I wrote someone in your DDC, not sure if she was your mod or what. She's free to put that entire message up there, word for word. I was just angry for you. After all I read, you deserved to feel accomplished at least. Baby is here, you are both safe.

When I was induced with pre-e for my first, I had an epidural that lasted maybe through transition, 30...maybe 45 minutes. When I started to push I kept telling them it hurt. Should it hurt? Can I have another dose? And that birth was horrible. I ended up with PTSD. I refused to even go into a hospital for the next 3 years. But at the same time I was able to take something from it. Even if it was nothing more than describing pitocin contractions on the monitor or how "Birthing Suites" aren't all they are cracked up to be. And I also believe it is the nurses that make the difference. I only liked my second birth because of the nurses. They listened to me. I recall something about yours not listening. That could get me started on a whole other rant! lol