View Single Post
July 8th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Hiya!
We will from my in-laws. My MIL seems to think that no one should have more than two children. Especially if both are boys, since that is what she had and no one else should have anything different. Except it was acceptable for me to have a third, simply because it was "her" much-desired girl. According to her, we should stop now, there is no reason for another. Lol.

She is a character. But I don't give two hoots what the families think (my family, on the other hand, is no stranger to larger families and would welcome another pregnancy from me with open arms. In fact, I think most have always expected me to be one to have a larger family!).

It's frustrating when others get their opinions involved. Especially ones who are supposed to me supportive. I don't think three or six is really that many. I don't know what I think is "a lot" but I guess I think each family decides that for themselves. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to try for a daughter for your husband. I know we would have a preference for a girl next time if we didn't get one this time. And it would have been for the same reasons...my husband wanting a daughter (and me too, but your circumstances are slightly different). I hope they respond better than you expect when you announce a pregnancy