View Single Post
July 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think anything is wrong with you. We are giving Lena 1 bottle a day to get her used to it for when I go back to work. That is a 3 oz bottle. I nurse for all of her other feedings. I am trying to pump 4-5 times a day on top of that, but so far today, I have only been able to do once. I get a total of 2.5-3 oz per pump, more first thing in the morning.

I EPed with Anna and the lactation consultant told me it was uncommon to be able to pump all of the milk your baby needs w/o having to supplement. The LC I saw this time told me the same thing. I was able to do it without supplementing. I pumped 10x per day for the first 3 months, including at night, for 20 mins each time. After that, I quit at night, but still got a minimum of 8x in each day and tried to get 9. The key to getting a lot pumping is doing it religiously. Also, make sure you're drinking enough water and taking in enough calories. It doesn't matter if your pumping schedule is in sync with his eating schedule. Stick to a pumping schedule and put it in the fridge until he needs it, then warm it in a bottle warmer.

As for supply, Overlinmommy posted a thread about things she did that worked to increase her supply. Check that out. I think the thread is called, "It worked."