Topic: Vbac
View Single Post
July 8th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Veteran
Hey all! Who else is trying for a VBAC or have had one?? What are you doing to prepare? Advice?

I had emergency c-section 6 years ago and am hoping for a VBAC this time, but I am very nervous about it. I guess what I am most nervous about is that things will not go well and I well end up with another c-section. For me the hardest part was the emotional aspect. I really felt like I failed at what I should have been able to do. My son also had to go to the NICU for two days and that sucked.

To prepare the main thing I am trying to do is process what happened last time (but I still get really emotional thinking or talking about it). I am trying to tell myself that I will give it my best shot, but if I have to have a c-section as long as baby and I are both ok, then I should feel ok about it. My dr. group seems very supportive of VBACs. I am also trying to learn all the rules and things that will effect my labor and delivery--for example, that I will have to have an IV port, and monitors on my tummy, however I can still walk around and go in the tub etc. with them. I will also have a dedicated nurse at all times. I was trying to find a doula, but didn't find anyone. I am trying to do lots of reading as well as stay active and I have gained a lot less weight then last time. It is getting harder to stay active though...

I really hope to hear from others!!