View Single Post
July 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Super Mommy
First off, congratulations! It sounds like your baby's father is very supportive and caring, and that's wonderful. What's really amazing is that even his first reactions were positive and supportive. You're very blessed!

I think you'll find that as your pregnancy progresses your family will become more and more supportive and even excited about this little one, as will you. Now to the practical side of things. While having a child will make law school a little more complicatd, it's definitely possible. Many schools have on-campus childcare that is affordable. You also may qualify for assistance programs that will help you while you're in school. Your little one's father wants to be involved, so he will be able to help make your law school dreams a reality. He has told you he wants to man up, so let him! Don't worry about whether or not he'll stay -- he's here now and doing his best.

As an aside, you might also benefit from some career counseling. I say this only because my husband's job puts him in possession of vast amounts of employment and workforce data, and the law profession is overflowing with unemployed lawyers at the moment. You may be able to find a career path that uses the skills required that attract you about the law field, yet will provide more and better means of employment. Just a thought!

Anyhow, all this to say, your life is just beginning, you're not going to regret at all that you're bringing along with you this sweet treasure. Your son or daughter will give you more purpose and drive, more enjoyment, and more joy in life. Motherhood is not easy, but it is a high and delightful calling. Take a step back, relish the support you're getting from the baby's father, enjoy these special moments with your tiny baby inside of you, explore your options because there are many, and do your best to not stress. It's a tall order but I know you're up to it! I encourage you to join a due date board here on justmommies. It can be a lot of fun to get to know some mamas due the same month as you are. Best wishes and keep us posted!