Topic: Ouch
View Single Post
July 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleeannk View Post
I'm not trying to knock your doctor or anything, he means well, but that is untrue. Most doctors know little if nothing about breastfeeding. It's not something that they are required to learn about in school and the little information they receive is so outdated(we're talking like 20 or 30 years). It sounds like the baby is causing nipple trauma because there is something going on with the latch, or even possibly an undiagnosed or missed tongue or lip tie. For some reason the nipple is being compressed by the tongue but it should be at the roof of the mouth. Does that make sense? I know it's so frustrating, especially when you receive conflicting information about breastfeeding. Hang in there and let me know if you want a good recommendation on a Lactation Consultant for your area.
I would love one but maybe one that works with Aetna because my insurance said I get 2 free LC sessions yet I got billed over $150 for one at 88 days postpartum saying it's not covered by insurance. I'm in Lewisville, Tx.
The pediatrician and 3 LC at hospital found no tongue tie and pedi isn't worried about a lip tie until his teeth come in.
I've been using a shield and that helps but lately he hasn't wanted the shield.