View Single Post
July 10th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Always Hoping & Praying
So I had my post-op appointment today. The endo that I have is all purely on the outside - on the back of my uterus and on the ovaries. Really only stage 1. He did say that it absolutely can affect implantation and all that. It was cleaned out and he also said inside my uterus looked perfectly fine/clean. While they were in there they did a dye test and my tubes are totally open.

So - since they cleaned out what endo I had - and he got to look at things, my doc believes that trying an aggressive IUI is a good idea.

All depending on DH's sperm counts, of course...he is going to do a new semen analysis to see where his counts are at.

The doc said we will do a medicated cycle on me AND they also do a "double" insemination, if needed. Meaning they would do the IUI on say Day 13 then again on Day 15 as well.

And this will all be under $1000 - PLUS we won't have to use our totcicles.

Because of how low his counts have been in the past, he believes an aggressive IUI may be a good option. Even I end up with say 4 follicles - he's not worried, due to the low sperm count. But even if we do end up cancelling, I'd only be out the $$ for the meds - which will be femera and one gonal F pen.

So here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility