View Single Post
July 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use a diaper sprayer. They are sometimes sold as "personal bidets" or you can make one yourself from parts, it is basically a kitchen sprayer on a long flexible hose that connects to the toilet's water input. So I really spray off ALL the poop. I have also used a dedicated poo spatula (poopula?) in the past and really scraped and repeatedly flushed in the toilet bowl until it was pretty well rinsed. Then a spray of Bac Out before wringing out. My DD had really yucky peanut buttery poops for a long time so it took some work! But many kids have well formed poops that plop off and just leave a skid mark. You don't need to worry about that.

Also, exclusively breastfed babies have completely water-soluble poop, nothing to get stuck in your washer, it all washes out so that's easy!!

I have a high efficiency front-loader washer, which is not the greatest for providing a lot of agitation or water, and we also keep an open-top wet bag out in my daughter's room for her dirty diapers, so my routine is also designed to work with that. We have zero pail odor and no stains, the diapers get very clean, and NO there is no poop in my washer