Topic: Alcohol
View Single Post
July 11th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I have had a few episodes of tipsy ness and even a drunk event. I just found out I was pregnant. Of course it woul have never happened had I known but the positive news is my OB believes our baby is doing just fine and will be healthy at birth. I think I had 3-4 episodes of celebratory drinking. She has all her prams functioning. She is active as can be. Most research shows that it takes MANY episodes of binge drinking or 4-5 drinks a night to even put baby at risk. FAS also works off of when the alcohol use happened. First trimester and early second trimester use (again drinking to the point of drunk) is the worst time. FAS happens every 1 in 1000 births. You have a greater odds of twins. Genetics an metabolism are also thought to play a role. Truth is not much is known so in the US we err on the side of caution but from the studies out there it takes a true addict to have an FAS baby. Many countries do not hold the no alcohol view. Breathe easy. I have no doubt your little one is safe.