View Single Post
July 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are so many moments that still make me smile. The birth of my kids. Brian's opening line. All of that. But there is this ONE moment that I will remember until the day I die.

Christian was 4 months old. We were in the Philadelphia Airport waiting for my mother to de-board her plane. I was standing with him on my hip and he was dressed in a brown, fleece suit with a hood and teddy bear ears. And, there she came around the corner out of the tunnel. Her face LIT UP because this was the first time she'd met my son. She started squealing in glee and crying before she was within 20 feet of us. I started crying and laughing.. We stood there, with Christian between us hugging and crying and laughing all at once. We had no idea until we calmed down that the whole area had gone silent, watching. She cried and held Christian and exclaimed over how marvelous HER GRANDSON was! And, when we stepped back, when she hugged him for the first time, it was Amazing. People began to applaud all around us and to smile and wish us a wonderful visit. One of my favorite memories!