View Single Post
July 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can only speak from my personal experience from having MRSA myself. I got it in 2009 and had 5 outbreaks of it since then. My last outbreak was in 2010.They had to slice open my MRSA spot 3 times and the other 2 times (while I was pregnant with my son) I took care of it with salt and scalding water. MRSA stays in your system so you have to be tested for it 3 times within 3 months to see if you're clear, if I'm not mistaken. I'm being tested for it during this pregnancy by using a giant q-tip up your nose, and only have one more test to go. I DID NOT give it to my son while I was pregnant with him, however, my oldest daughter caught it in her leg from me having it and spreading the infection as well as my middle daughter. The doctor told me once it's in your system, unless you get it tested out and know for sure it's out, you have the potential for another outbreak. So far, I'm clear and haven't had an outbreak in 3 years. If you in fact DO test positive, any time you go to the hospital, you're required to tell the staff due to it being very easy to spread and they will quarantine you during your stay unless you test negative finally. I hope this info helps.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"