View Single Post
July 12th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Leah
It appears she got it from her stepdaughter. She moved in with my sister in June and come to find out, she had been lanced and put on two antibiotics before coming down here. Nice of the kid's mom to mention this, especially considering that we found out everyone in that house had it. Grr, people.

So my sister is now on two antibiotics and has to go back again in two days. Her stepdaughter neverffinished her antibiotics, so obviously she's going to have to go as well or else I'd think they'd just be passing it around.

Amber, cases like yours is where I'm a little confused, I guess. Her doctor mentioned that, carrying it and that a large percentage of the population actually can carry MRSA. Can you pass it only during an outbreak? If her stepdaughter carries it versus it only being in a wound, how does one prevent that? Never sharing towels, etc?

SO did some reading on the CDC website and freaked himself out with stories of spreading by sneezing and more dangerous than SARS. I'm not freaked like him, but I wanna make sure that I don't get it as well as make sure my sister is good to be safely around her newborn nephew in a few months. Man I'm glad this happened now and not October!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump