View Single Post
July 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It can be passed through sneezes, bodily fluids, and wounds. They make you use a separate toilet and isolate you if you're hospitalized and are a known carrier of it. I use separate towels, as does the rest of the family. I haven't had an outbreak of it in 3 years, however, it doesn't mean I still don't carry it, which is why they're checking me now. Since I'm a c-mom they want t make sure the infection is completely out of my system or when I go to deliver baby girl I'll be in my own separate room, have everyone who comes in contact with me wear masks and gowns and they'll have to extra scrub down my room when I'm discharged and after surgery.

This is hard to get rid of. I can't lie to you. I'm very blessed that so far my cultures are coming back negative. I don't want to be rude, but I wouldn't let my child be held by someone with MRSA if baby is a newborn, unless they're properly taking the precautions to prevent the spread. Watching my daughters be cut open when they were tiny was extremely painful for them and me and I still blame myself to this day for causing them to have it. If you should choose to allow your sister or anyone else who has MRSA hold your baby, I'd suggest the face masks that prevent dust from entering your lungs or medical issued ones. Once again, I'm just trying to give you precautions to take, not be rude.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"