View Single Post
July 14th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When we sell the house and move to Florida we are planning to get each the girls (6 and almost 4) Kindles. The cheaper ones-- not spending over $200/each. It will be super helpful for the 18 hour drive.

Our girls are SUPER active. They play outside a ton, and in their rooms. They would rather be outside, but especially with the baby coming and those time required breast feeding sessions I'm gonna need something that will keep them out of trouble.

We've tried doing the leapster and leappad thing but the battery life on them is *horrible* and the quality isn't that good either.

It may be a little hard to understand electronics+kids when you don't have kids that age, but if you have good boundaries and rules in place it can be a great tool. My daughter's kindergarten class had 5 iPads to share, so this world is only getting more and more electronically based... But there is also still a place for exploring outside, riding bikes, and conversation... Just gotta find the balance. That's just me though.