View Single Post
July 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with children using technology when it is monitored and limited - I understand that this is just the type of world we live in now. I completely agree with encouraging reading and/or educational activities, and it doesn't bother me at all that some of those things will have to come from iPads or Kindles or whatever.

I just am really irked at the fact that they each need their own tablets, iPods, and whatever else at age 2 and then a new one each Christmas after that. Sorry, but if and when my child gets something like that, it will either be pre-owned, or a less expensive model, and it will be something that is very limited in our household.

Then again, SIL's children are very spoiled and therefore act as such. Obviously since this is my first child, I have no right standing on any pedestal and preaching about what I will or won't do, or what is appropriate - I just don't agree with the way she parents, I guess? I know that there are some things that will be a big lesson for me when it comes to parenting, and I will eat my words a lot of the time, but this is a big issue for me and I don't think I'm going to change my mind about this one! It's more an issue of spoiling and unnecessary extravagances, I suppose.