View Single Post
July 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There's no reason why you can't still graduate from college in December. You're still in your first trimester which means you're due in February/March? Pregnancy will not interfere with going to school. You'll be tired but that can be worked around.

So, you graduate in December and apply for Law school (if you haven't already). You can choose to attend starting the Fall semester instead of the Spring. Or you can even start in the Summer sessions. Many colleges have accelerated courses in the summer (6 weeks for one traditional semester's worth of classes). Graduate school is much more focused on a career path than undergraduate. But the trade-off is that your professors are used to seeing older people with families and/or careers already in place.

When I went to get my Masters in education the vast majority of people in my courses were people who were already holding down full-time jobs. One of my classmates was pregnant and due to pop mid-semester. She already had it arranged with all the professors on how to handle that. I don't know the specific arrangements but she didn't seem concerned about it affecting her graduation date.

What you will want to do is figure out how to get a graduate assistantship at your college. At my college I got around $1,200 a month for a 20 hour work week. And my tuition was paid for and I got a discount on my books. So, if you take 12 credit hours, work 20 hours, that is only 32 hours a week. Spend 8-10 hours studying/researching/writing/etc that's about the same time as a full-time job. Very baby friendly.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!