View Single Post
July 15th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To me a kindle is just like an ipad, and I think iPads and iPods are great for kids. There are so many educational and fun apps for kids and when they are able to read they can download books to read, etc. You can also watch TV and movies on there. I think if someone can afford it then why not. My kids are 7 and 11 and they each have an iPod and they share an iPad with me (all are heavily protected with otterboxes, lol). I have a kindle fire they cannot play with. It is mine and mine alone. The iPods I made them pay for with their own money (bought used for $100 each). The iPad was free from a friend, and I didn't even really want an iPad so I don't care what happens to it really and I never use it. The kids like it though.

My kids do not have cell phones though. My 7 year old doesn't really ever use the phone and my 11 year old calls her friends and texts them from my cell phone. We will consider getting her a phone in a year or two, but it is a going to be a cheap phone (unless she pays for it herself) and there will be a limit on the amount of calls/texts she can make.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12