Topic: Alcohol
View Single Post
July 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Julie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
I've had half a beer on two occasions. Once on my birthday, and once recently, mixed with gingerale to make a shandy. Because I haven't been drinking at all, half a beer makes me feel a little woozy. I sometimes have a sip of my husband's beer when he opens it, just to get a taste of it. For some reason when I had really bad morning sickness, a sip of bitter, fizzy beer made me feel better. I doubt the amount of alcohol in two slices of cake even adds up to one serving. For me personally, it is just easier to say no alcohol than to worry about how much is too much, but from all the research I've seen a couple of drinks a week is not going to have a negative effect. I think some doctors here take a similar approach. "If we say no alcohol, women may have a few drinks, but if we say a few drinks are okay, women may have more than a few drinks."
I don't like that mentality that some people in the medical community have-telling pregnant women not to drink at all because they are afraid we will act like wild animals and drink a whole bottle of wine or something if they tell us one or two a week is OK. It's like they are treating us like children or something, kind of insulting.