View Single Post
July 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have one sweet little angel in heaven. On June 3, 2011, I was 11 weeks 1 day when we went in for our monthly checkup expecting everything to be normal. I had no complications with Jackson so I never even imagined that I would lose the baby. At the appointment the nurse couldn't find baby's heartbeat with a doppler so we went into the ultrasound room to have a quick peak at baby. I wasn't worried at all, just figured baby was hiding. I thought I was going to pass out when my dr told me that baby's heart was not beating. Baby was only measuring 8 weeks 1 day. My dr thought something looked off so he suggested a D and C so we could have some genetic testing. I agreed thinking that they would find nothing wrong with the baby. We went in 2 days later for the D and C and a week later my dr called me to tell me that baby had downs syndrome and most likely had a heart defect which is what caused her heart to stop beating. He did tell me that it was a girl. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to know or not but Dh wanted to know so we found out.

We never named our little girl and I still don't have anything that I call her other than my little girl in heaven. For me it was very comforting to find out the cause of my miscarriage. I know so many women never find out why they lost their baby and I was glad to have a reason. I never really did anything to remember baby girl by except in my heart and in my prayers. Every night when I say my good night prayers, I always tell Jesus to give my sweet baby girl a hug and tell her how much her momma loves her and wishes she was here on earth with us. But I know that someday I'll be with her and I find comfort in that also.

Joy this was a really great idea. Seems to help just to write it down.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy