View Single Post
July 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronzmom View Post
If you read my earlier post, my little guy is a footling breech meaning one foot up, one foot down. The more I read, the more I'm realizing footlings are less likely to turn though it is possible. The thing that worries me the most is that he has his cord right up against his face holding it between his arms so my fear is that in trying to turn him, his cord will get twisted and cut off oxygen.

All things I'm going to be talking to my doctor about on Monday, but I bet we don't truly worry until 36-37 weeks.
The cord getting twisted and possibly ripping my anterior placenta is what concerns me the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I WAS going to do it, but Isabel flipped head down the day they were going to induce (despite being transverse and breech most of the pregnancy including the rest of the week I had been in the hospital), so I ended up not needing it. To be a candidate, your baby has to be in a good position, big enough, and the cord can't be preventing the flip from safely happening. They will do an ultrasound before the attempt to determine these things. It also helps if your doctor has done many of them before and is skilled at doing so. My OB's method involves some kind of anesthetic because he will do a c-section right away if necessary if it fails, so they have you 'c-section ready' (which is fine, since that's what you would need anyway if it didn't work).

Did you try spinning babies? Peppermint oil, cold, and music were what flipped Isabel.
The only thing I haven't tried is the peppermint oil...how do you use it?

I've done a ton ofswimming, hot/cold packs, music, massage, pretty much standing on my head lol. I've done these things multiple times and nothing is working.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!