View Single Post
July 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Just wanted to say that I am sorry for what you're going through - I was sexually assaulted when I was 19 as well, and I was also in college and had to leave school because of the rape. Unfortunately my attacker was not convicted and stayed on to graduate with honors. I didn't get pregnant, so obviously there are things about your situation that are much different, but I get the anger. Boy, do I get it. I was furious for a long time. It's good that you're able to identify that you're angry, though. I internalized it for a long time and turned it against myself in really destructive ways until I learned to put the blame where it belonged and to express my anger.

Don't be surprised if you have a lot of ups and downs for awhile. Personally I would feel better, then have a setback and feel hopeless for a bit, but eventually things would feel better again and each time they felt just a little bit better. It WILL get easier, I promise. I won't lie and say it'll be easy or that it won't continue to effect you, but it WILL get easier and you can still go on to finish school and do all the things you dream of doing.

I also highly recommend a support group if you can find one. Therapy is wonderful and important, but there's something you can get from talking to people who've been there that is very helpful.

Good luck hun. PM me if you need.