View Single Post
  #10  
July 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Jenilope's Avatar
Jenilope Jenilope is offline
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 13,663
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I was a candidate with #1 and had it scheduled for 38 weeks. My OB said they would do it in the OR. I would have an epidural because 1. it's painful and 2. if there's a need for c-section already having the epidural in place would eliminate the need to put me under general anesthetic.

For my procedure, the baby would be monitored the whole time and if the version worked, we would have induced immediately so she wouldn't have had a chance to turn back around.

She ended up flipping at 36.5 weeks so I didn't end up needing it, but I would try it. This baby is unpredictable in her positioning and I would sign up to try a version this time if she's not in a good position. If the version doesn't work and the baby tolerates the attempt well, my OB would have let me go home and wait for labor to start to see if that (or the extra time) got her to flip, but my babe was transverse, not footling.
__________________
~Jen
Mom to four beautiful girls
Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (1)


Reply With Quote