View Single Post
July 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
DH's family on the other hand will. Unless we have a girl I know DH's parents won't be happy. When we told them DS1 was a boy MIL didn't say anything but "Are you serious?!" and not in a happy way either. Then when he told them we were pregnant with DS2 she didn't say anything about it the whole pregnancy. Not "when are you due" "How is everything going" "congrats", nada! She didn't even look at him, hold him or say any thing about him when they seen him at a couple of days old. FIL only said "I figured it'd happen soon" and DH's papaw constantly said "Yeah I bet its a girl." or "I sure hope its a girl that way you'll have one of each and can stop" and he's made comments to SIL saying "I told Travis he better not get her pregnant again" Uh yeah like its your business or choice! Ugh anyway didn't mean to get off on a rant, it just stirs me up when I get to talkin about it again. So yes I do think some of DH's family will have a problem with it. The only reason MIL will be happy is if it's a girl (she has 3 grandsons) and if she all the sudden acts like she cares about that one (if it was a girl) then I will sure as heck be saying something to her.
I thought I was going to deal with this from my MIL. She made it very, very clear that she wanted a granddaughter and was totally apathetic to my pregnancies with the boys and after they were born. She was constantly going on and on about how she wanted a daughter and now she wasn't even getting a granddaughter (Dhs brother isn't having kids yet). So I was a bit worried about us having a girl and how she would react/treat her. Turns out...she just is apathetic toward kids period. She hasn't paid any more attention to Jo than either of the boys (which is minimal at best). In fact, I heard from her sister (who hates her), that what she said when she found out were having a girl was "Oh geez, I don't have money for a girl right now." Whaaaaa? And then she showed no more interest in her at birth or now. So perhaps it won't be as bad as you think. I was surprised, but then again, my MIL is a hateful creature and I guess it shouldn't shock me that she finds negative things to say about getting her "lifelong dream."