View Single Post
July 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieP View Post

Try to avoid doing this if you can. It's a common misconception that keeping a baby awake during the day can help her sleep at night. In fact, it can make things worse.

Your baby seems to be struggling understanding the difference between night and day. Don't worry, some babies just get this easier than others. Make sure her room is clearly bright during the day and dark at night (use night shades if it gets light early morning). Also, be a little distant with your baby at night, try not to talk to her, or disturb her too often, to help reinforce the difference.

During the day, let her nap, but make sure you go outside, and have a fairly active day. Then in the evening, make sure the environment is really calm, to let your baby gradually release any tension that has built up during the day. Try turning the TV off and have some soft music in the background, and don't have visitors round too often. Hope this helps!
Honestly lets face it, when i say i try to keep her awake I really mean just not being afraid to be loud and have her In bright light, etc. there really is no keeping a baby awake at least not her bc she will just pass out anyway, lol. I just mean when she is awake we try to play with her, bathe her, and stuff to keep her from sleeping out of boredom.