View Single Post
July 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, here is how our night with the miracle blanket went...

Attempt #1: swaddled him in the blanket and fed him and he passed out. Put him in the bassinet and he woke up a couple minutes later and had an arm out.

Attempt #2: took him out of the bassinet and swaddled him again and put him back in the bassinet. He started screaming immediately.

Attempt #3: took him out of the bassinet and fed him again. He passed out. Put him back in the bassinet. He was crying within a few minutes and had his legs out.

Attempt #4: took him out of the bassinet and swaddled him again. Gave him a paci and bounced him to sleep. Put him back in the bassinet. He was crying within a few minutes and had his legs out again.

Attempt #5: took him out of the bassinet and swaddled him again. Fed him again and he fell asleep. I realized as I was feeding him that he had a hand by his face, but I knew if I tried to fix it he would wake up. So I left it. Put him in the bassinet. He slept for 2 hours and woke up with his arm out.

Attempt #6: took him out of the bassinet and changed him and swaddled him again. Fed him and he fell asleep. Put him in the bassinet and he slept for 3.5-4 hours and was still totally swaddled when I got him out. So finally a little success!

The first few times he really fought me trying to swaddle him in it. Therefore it was hard for me to get it right and tight enough. Each time after that he calmed down more and I was able to do a better job. So hopefully now that I finally got it right, maybe I can get a little more sleep!